Elmore on Kindle on the iPhone
Posted: 20 March 2009 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2005-08-29

I got the hot tip from Gregg, downloaded the free Kindle application to my iPhone, then went to Amazon to get for free the first three chapters of about 25 Elmore novels. Sweet.

I’m sitting around waiting somewhere, anytime when usually I’d wish I had a book, and there on the iPhone I now have all this great reading.

The downside: I finished the free sample portion of Glitz and wanted more. Of course there’s a handy link at that point, and of course I hit it, and 6 bucks and about a minute later I’m reading Glitz again. I must have 4 reading copies of the book lying around in different places, but the ease of acquisition and the burning desire for more, right now, overcame my ability to be patient.

I can see now this’ll probably happen with each sample I get into. On the other hand, 6 bucks is cheap and being able to read Elmore whenever I want, wherever I am, is a big life-enhancer.

Those with iPhones may want to check this out.

Posted: 21 March 2009 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

Amazon is a smart company.  They will sell out the Kindle2, which is definitely “getting there” as a worthy device.  But making their Kindle content available for iPhone means a ton more business.  As Mike said, it’s so easy to be anywhere and read, and enjoy the experience.

This year Apple will probably introduce two devices which may actually be one:  A touch screen tablet (think giant iPhone) and a netbook, basically a small dumbed down network PC.  This rumored device would have a 10 inch screen.  This would be the absolute killer e-book reader and everything else:  movies, audio, internet, PC.

I think even Elmore would dig this device.  He almost digs the iPhone.

Posted: 13 April 2009 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2008-04-04
LACrimAtty - 20 March 2009 02:24 PM

The downside: I finished the free sample portion of Glitz and wanted more. Of course there’s a handy link at that point, and of course I hit it, and 6 bucks and about a minute later I’m reading Glitz again. I must have 4 reading copies of the book lying around in different places, but the ease of acquisition and the burning desire for more, right now, overcame my ability to be patient.

Why not just stick a book in your breifcase, before you leave?

‹‹ Tucson Festival of Books      Hitler’s Day ››