The Italian covers
Posted: 09 July 2008 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2006-11-12

Posted on the main page.

Some of these are great. I still like many of the UK and French covers, but that Italian Big Bounce (I’m pretty sure that’s what Il Grande Salto translates to) is terrific as is Mr. Paradise and the Complete Western Stories. When the Women Come Out to Dance is kind of cool, but in that case the American cover is still the best.

I like how the Europeans seem to really ‘get’ Elmore Leonard, even though his books are so completely American.

Posted: 11 July 2008 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-07-03
JohnMcFetridge - 09 July 2008 10:23 PM

Posted on the main page.

Some of these are great. I still like many of the UK and French covers, but that Italian Big Bounce (I’m pretty sure that’s what Il Grande Salto translates to) is terrific as is Mr. Paradise and the Complete Western Stories. When the Women Come Out to Dance is kind of cool, but in that case the American cover is still the best.

I like how the Europeans seem to really ‘get’ Elmore Leonard, even though his books are so completely American.

Yes, Il Grande Salto is the Italian translation of The Big Bounce. I know, because I did it (The Hot Kid, too, as well as The Complete Western Stories). Next in line is Up in Honey’s Room, as soon as I finish translating Peter Leonard’s Quiver.

It’s all in the family…

Luca Conti