Novel #42
Posted: 17 April 2007 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

I can now reveal, since Elmore is already talking about it in the press, a little bit about Novel #42 (the next one.)

From Neil Rubin’s Detroiit News article:

[Elmore is] 40 pages into his next book, in which bank robber Jack Foley, the George Clooney character from Leonard’s “Out of Sight,” meets Dawn Navarro, the psychic from “Riding the Rap.”
Searching his memory bank for a villain, Leonard remembered Cundo Rey, a con man and Cuban refugee from “LaBrava.” What he couldn’t quite recall from a book issued in 1983 was whether Rey had been bumped off.

So he found his copy, and near the end, he saw that title character Joe LaBrava had deposited three bullets in Rey’s chest.
“I thought, ‘Oh, damn.’ ” But LaBrava simply assumed Rey was dead, meaning he was free to be redeposited into novel No. 42.

Any thoughts?

Posted: 17 April 2007 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20

yo Greg, that’s awesome as Dawn was one of those characters that begged diggin, I have kept a secret compartment vacant in my heart for her return. Cundo Rey tho is a smart guy with a past long before he buys it in LaBrava, Foley is in that north south axis around that time, knocking over a bank that was laundering drug money flowing along that line, Buddy saves his butt more than once and maybe a Crowe flies overhead and circles, harbingers hardly ever happen.

Posted: 18 April 2007 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2007-02-04

Yeah. I definitely think Buddy should be in it.  And Swifty.

Signature 

A shiny brown lowrider dachshund named Swifty

‹‹ Detroit, May 14      KUDOS TO GREGG ››