Is Up in Honey’s Room the Sequel to The Hot Kid?
Posted: 30 December 2006 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-10-24

hello i just have a couple question. is UP IN HONEYS ROOM the sequal to THE HOT KID or do we, the readers need to read comfort of the enemy after reading the hot kid?

at this time how is elmore leonard preparing for the novel he will be writing? on his website it says he has charcters that lead him through the story, but does Mr. Leonard think up a situation first then go on with the characters leading his way?

Posted: 01 January 2007 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

This is the only time I will remind you to give your post an appropriate subject title.  This is a very loose rule not meant to inhibit anybody.  For example, “Collecting,” a recent subject is broad but instantly understandable. “Hello” your original title for this post, is not acceptable.

Not only does it annoy me, it is an insult to board participants who appreciate and expect the simple courtesy of having a clear and concise subject. 

Look at my change in your subject.  “Is Up in Honey’s Room the Sequel to The Hot Kid?” It is actually a good question you pose. 

Put a subject in the subject field next time, not “Hello.”

Posted: 01 January 2007 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

hello i just have a couple question. is UP IN HONEYS ROOM the sequal to THE HOT KID or do we, the readers need to read comfort of the enemy after reading the hot kid?

The Hot Kid, Comfort to the Enemy and Up in Honey’s Room are a trilogy. 

We are calling it “The Webster Saga.”  It would help the reader understand a few things to read Comfort before Honey, but there are many references in Honey from Comfort.

Comfort to the Enemy will be published as a novel, probably after Honey comes out.

Posted: 01 January 2007 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

at this time how is elmore leonard preparing for the novel he will be writing? on his website it says he has charcters that lead him through the story, but does Mr. Leonard think up a situation first then go on with the characters leading his way?

I am going to refer you to this post.  Please review it carefully.

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/99/

Posted: 07 February 2007 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-07

I have a reply just to the administrator of the board…and I will assume that very few other people will ever get a chance to read it due to the certainty with which it will be deleted.

You sir are a pompous ass, you are rude to people and treat themas if they were your children to be scolded when they make little mistakes that aggravate you.
I am a lifelong fan of Elmore Leonard’s….I count the days between new works, which over the last five years have been scarce. I, like the subject of your fury here, came to this site in an attempt to find information as to when and if the new work would be made available to the public. I have read a number of interviews with Mr. Leonard and have the distinct impression that he shares your contempt for his fan base. Luckily for him I care not of his attitude, just his talent, a formidable one to say the least.

Finally I say perhaps you should explore some form of fun in your life, your attitude belies someone who takes themselves and their job editing an online forum of all things) far too seriously.

Posted: 07 February 2007 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

You sir are a pompous ass, you are rude to people and treat themas if they were your children to be scolded when they make little mistakes that aggravate you.

I don’t debate such comments not do I delete posts that are critical of me.  However,  I don’t allow flame wars to be started on the Forum nor do I allow disrespect for Elmore, which you have clearly show in your post.  If you want to engage in meaningful discussion, groovy, I welcome your contributions; but if you want to say nasty things about Elmore, I won’t allow it.

Posted: 08 February 2007 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2006-09-18

We tolerate Legs’ idiosyncrasies so we can continue to have a place to talk about Mr. Leonard and his work. Well worth the price of admission. cool smile

Gregg expects more from his members perhaps than other other forum admins, but he’s doing a fine job keeping us informed, as are the other regulars who might be ‘in the know’. There’s not always a lot of traffic on this board, but the main blog page has new stuff just about every time I check in.

Hopefully in time more fans will check in and participate. The more the merrier. Ask a question and someone will usually answer. No one wants to read flame wars, though. There’s no reason we can’t keep our inevitable differences of opinion to an acceptable level of civility around here. Make your points, criticize if you must, and we can discuss them like adults.

Posted: 08 February 2007 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2006-11-12
Carney - 08 February 2007 05:26 PM

Make your points, criticize if you must, and we can discuss them like adults.

Sounds like a good idea.

Posted: 11 February 2007 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20

hear hear

Posted: 14 February 2007 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2006-10-11

Gregg Sutter - 01 January 2007 12:45 PM

The Hot Kid, Comfort to the Enemy and Up in Honey’s Room are a trilogy. 

We are calling it “The Webster Saga.”  It would help the reader understand a few things to read Comfort before Honey, but there are many references in Honey from Comfort.

Comfort to the Enemy will be published as a novel, probably after Honey comes out.

And to pick up more about the Webster family, it wouldn’t hurt to read “TenKiller” in When the Women Come Out to Dance and Cuba Libre.