< 1 2
2 of 2
What Do You Want to See in the Next Elmore Leonard Novel?
Posted: 20 December 2006 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-12-20

I would love to see another novel with Jack Foley as the character. I’m a big fan of Out of Sight.

Posted: 12 January 2007 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20

I would really like to find out later on in the affair gold coast, we know what happens to all the crowes when they fly but what about the lovers cast asunder by feelings of love, finding self and the possible realization after much travel and soul searching angst.
the two meet up again someplace that needs a re-visitation, haifa, tel-aviv or eilat. call me crazy EL is always in the real world somewhere and the ending of that book always left me with the desire to know more, i can speculate and guess and study post traumatic stress syndrome yet look to the master for guidance

Posted: 17 January 2007 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20
nolen - 28 November 2006 04:03 PM
Gregg Sutter - 27 November 2006 09:53 AM

Did you know that he wrote a Jesuit recruiting film in the early 60s? Juvenal was a missionary he met while making the film. I think Elmore is going to stick to the fallen angels for a while.

I heard about that in an audio interview he did with Don Swaim. EL talks about Touch quite a bit ... it is in the first of the Swain interviews.
Yeah, and angels are angels, fallen or otherwise.

Thank you for this post, to hear that voice makes one understand the need for a fallen angel to write, avoiding in his own way the easy task of not appearing in his own story. Is this the same Don that Howard supplanted in NY radio days? Also think about the music playing in the background of some of these joints, outside in plain view and hidden away in the dark of the night, whither Dylan?

Image Attachments
cover salon brilliant careers.jpg

< 1 2
2 of 2