Cat Chaser, The Movie
Posted: 22 March 2009 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2008-11-20

I have this on my Netflix queue, but almost took it off due to the sole fact that, judging by the trailer, George is clean shaven. Ridiculous!

It got some pretty bad reviews on Netflix, but I just finished the book and loved it. Will probably rent it just to see for myself.

On the other hand, just watched Jackie Brown (saw it years ago) after reading Rum Punch for the first time, and I can see why Elmore was so pleased with how it translated onto screen…Though I Quentin had dalso done Freaky Deaky or Killshot as well.

Posted: 23 March 2009 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2007-02-04

I really liked the Cat Chaser film. Probably more than any other EL adaptation. It was low-key, the flashbacks were handled well & Charles Durning as Jiggs Scully was superb.

Signature 

A shiny brown lowrider dachshund named Swifty

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

Elmore is not very keen on Cat Chaser.  I talked to him about it yesterday.

He thought the opening scene in the movie is painfully show.  Ferrara agreed, blaming the producers.  He even asked Elmore to kick in $50,000 so he could recut it!

Elmore hates the scene where Weller finally meets Kelly McGillis and she’s standing against the wall posed as a seductress.

Posted: 24 March 2009 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2007-02-04

Yeah, well, Michael Jackson at first thought ‘Thriller’ was the worst record he’d ever made.

Signature 

A shiny brown lowrider dachshund named Swifty