LEGENDS Movie Treatment
Posted: 26 July 2008 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2005-10-08

Gregg,

LEGENDS is fantastic.  We have to wait till next year for a new novel, but you constantly give us “new” product.  Thank you.

I love GUNSIGHTS.  Early and Moon are two of my favorites from the westerns.  Billy Goss is Bo Catlett, right?

Here is old post by you answering questions about two films never made:

Can you give us some details about the screenplays you mentioned?

AMERICAN FLAG (1973)
JESUS SAVES (1978)

Because neither was ever produced.

AMERICAN FLAG (1973)

Elmore wrote this feature screenplay for Steve McQueen.  The story of a little guy who is mining part of the same mountain for gold and copper as a big mining company.

The big guy blows up Steve’s little mine then—lookout—Steve blows up their main mine.  That makes the Company men real mad… There’s also a woman character, perhaps a love interest who works for the mining company..

American Flag was written for Charles Fries who produced the regrettable, High Noon Part Two - The Return of Will Kane.

JESUS SAVES (1978) was very close to being made as an ABC TV movie when the project was killed by the incoming head of production.

Jesus Saves bears similarities to Touch which was written around the same time.  It’s about a faith healer who preached at truck stops and stood on top of a trailer to get a crowd around him to hear his preaching.  He was hired to preach at a church where they had a guy who dressed like John the Baptist and featured the world’s tallest cross, down near Dalton Georgia.

This is all I have right now.

‹‹ Sparks      Elmore on Elmore ››