210 site members and 12 posts?
Posted: 30 October 2005 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-01-22

Most of which are Gregg’s.  Hey Dutch fans, we need to get something going here.  How about your thoughts?

Posted: 02 November 2005 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

Well, at least one person uses The Dutch Forum.  I had hoped the DF would have caught on sooner.  Perhaps it still will.  There are people out there who have a lot to say about Elmore and his work.

Posted: 29 September 2006 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

Let’s try again.

Posted: 12 October 2006 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2006-08-03

I’ve been trying to get on here the last couple of months.  Finally made it last night.  Woo hoo!

BTW Gregg, you may now deactivate or delete my other usernames:  Ted Mayfield and Trowler8. 
I’ll stick with Scrum.  ;-D

Posted: 12 October 2006 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

Scrum:

Thanks for the post.  I’ve been fixing problems with the software which apparently failed to activate a number of registered accounts.  I plan on rolling out The Dutch Forum with a mailing to try to get a little discussion going again.  Even if it starts off small, with a few members, I want to get it going. 

So post.  Ask me something, tell me something, I don’t care, as long as it has something to do with the Elmore Leonard universe or The Detroit Tigers.

Posted: 13 October 2006 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2006-08-03

When you say ‘the Dutch Forum’ do you mean the current iteration, or have you got a new and improved one ready for unveiling?  Clearly this one’s not ready yet.  Get the errors ironed out and you should get, hopefully, a decent response to a mailing.

Edit:  I see from some of the other topics that this is indeed THE DUTCH FORUM.  So once the errors are fixed, this place should rock!

Posted: 17 October 2006 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

There is no New Dutch Forum.  This forum uses Expression Engine’s Discussion Module which allows me to have my entire site under one roof, so to speak.  The problems with the Module, past and present, I have recnetly determined are server/hacker related, not problems with the software itself.  I don’t want to go into detail here.  It’s slow going because I have to figure everything out myself as I have no help and and no budget right now.  I have been working very hard on the research for the new book, but that will be done soon and I can get back to fixing the forum problems.  Then I will attempt to bring people back in.

Early adapters are appreciated for their assistance and support.

Posted: 18 October 2006 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2006-09-18

Maybe I should look around more to find out, but why not just ask the source?  Are you doing research for Mr. Leonard?  Or are you a writer yourself?  If you are working for EL, let me just say, sweet gig!  If there’s a blog entry that explains all this, I apologize in advance.  I’m still carving out time to visit and observe.
Cheers