1 2 > 
1 of 2
Weblog Comments
Posted: 31 May 2007 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

Look for the Weblog Entry You Wish to Comment On, Or Start a New Thread. 

If you do not have a username or password, register above.

Posted: 30 June 2007 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-04-20

Comment for: Elmore Leonard’s 10 Rules of Writing - The Book!

I’ve had a sneak peek (I’m sleeping with the webmaster), and it’s fabulous. The book, and…oh…never mind.

Signature 

advicegoddess.com
syndicated advice columnist in over 100 newspapers, now blogging daily

Posted: 02 July 2007 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-07-02

Elmore’s ‘Rules’ are such a model of brevity… is there going to be some elaboration other than the illustrations?

Posted: 02 July 2007 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-04-20

The illustrations are amazing. And the layout, which is very spare and elegant, is a big part of it…it’s become a whole new thing, not just a retread of the article. I think it’s maybe 90-some pages. It’s become a whole new thing. And I’m not just saying this because I…uh…know Gregg…it’s fantastic. I’m going to buy a case and give them as presents to all my ink-stained-wretch friends.

Signature 

advicegoddess.com
syndicated advice columnist in over 100 newspapers, now blogging daily

Posted: 02 July 2007 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2005-08-29

And I’m gonna buy a gross and send them to English teachers.

Posted: 28 July 2007 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20

Rereading Ryan’s Rules for my Messier, came across this interstellar delight

They crossed off gas stations and altered a couple of their ten rules for success and happiness, finding it was all right to be polite, but you still had to scare the guy enough so he’d know better than to try and be a hero.
It was all right, too, to dress well, look presentable. But they realized they’d better not become typecast or pretty soon the police would be writing a book on the two dudes who always wore business suits and said please and thank you. So they wore jackets sometimes, and raincoats. Stick had a pair of coveralls he liked he’d bought at J. C. Penney. They were comfortable and no one seemed to bother looking at him. Frank liked his pale-tan safari jacket with the epaulets. Very sharp, big in California. He liked the way the Python rested in the deep side pocket and didn’t show.
Usually, after a job, they kept the guns locked in the glove compartment of the T-bird. Stick thought they should put them away somewhere, hidden. But Frank said it was better to have them handy; they saw a place they liked, they were ready. Keep them in the apartment, some inquisitive broad could be snooping around and find them. Ho ho, what’re these two business types doing with loaded firearms? Stick wasn’t convinced, but he couldn’t think of a better place to keep them.
Speaking of rules, Stick said maybe there was one more they should add.
Number Eleven.
Never try and hold up an Armenian.

So Amy don’t go poking around in the webmaster’s drawers

Posted: 28 July 2007 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-02

Any word on how many copies the ‘Limited Edition’ version of the Rules of Writing will be ‘limited’ to?  I’m imagining it can’t be a very large number if Elmore might be signing them all…

“While these details are not finalized, the Limited Edition will most likely have a signed tipsheet, gilded edges, colored, marbled endpapers, a slipcase (made of either leather or cloth) and a ribbon.”

Posted: 29 July 2007 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

The limited run will probably be 1000.

Posted: 30 July 2007 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-02

Thanks, Gregg, for uploading that ‘World Class Detroiters’ TV item - excellent.

Posted: 24 August 2007 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-09-11

Looking forward to the 10 Rules of Writing.

Posted: 26 August 2007 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-08-26

I didn’t realize that it was a remake.  I’ll have to check it out. 

The new film looks fantastic though.  I can’t wait.

Posted: 05 January 2008 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2005-10-08

2007 YEAR IN REVIEW WEBLOG Comments

I like the year in review, but one major thing was missing.  THE COMPLETE WESTERN STORIES OF ELMORE LEONARD was published in a large paperback with an extra long-lost story, “The Treasure Of Mungo’s Landing.

Read about it here.  http://elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/weblog/the_tresaure_of_mungos_landing_lost_elmore_story_found/

Posted: 07 January 2008 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

I knew I forgot something!  Robb:  Did you get your picture?  Never heard from you.

Posted: 07 January 2008 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2005-10-08

Yes.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  I thought I sent you a PM.  The family went to New York for Christmas and New Year’s Eve.

NWA Magazine (airline not the group) had an article about Detroit and Elmore Leonard was mentioned. 

I picked up a USA Today last Friday at the airport and there was an article about DVDs that need to be released.  THE TALL T was one of them.  No mention of Mr. Leonard.

Posted: 27 January 2008 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-09-11

oh oh

LACrimAtty - 03 July 2007 12:53 AM

And I’m gonna buy a gross and send them to English teachers.

Interesting thought, would it do ya any good?

Posted: 09 April 2008 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-04-08

Comment regarding: Booze Movies - The Moonshine War

Gregg,

Thanks for posting my review and mission statement on elmoreleonard.com. I’d also like to thank you for the comment that you left on my Booze Movies site.  It strikes me as surreal that Mr. Leonard has read a snippet of my writing. I’m a big fan of his work, especially the Western novels.

Cheers,
garv

Signature 

Read reviews, news, and features from the world of soused cinema at “Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide.” http://boozemovies.blogspot.com/

1 2 > 
1 of 2