book ideas
Posted: 08 April 2009 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-04-06

I’ve got an idea for a book…..  A black family floating down the Arkansas River in Oklahoma ... Indian Territory in the turn of the century….. rescue a white female child….from a drunken brutal white man who kidnapped her after he killed her family…...  White settlers around Ft. Smith notice the black group floating down on their home made barge….moving somewher better…..... report to the law that some black folks have kidnapped a white girl…..

The law is called in…...  Marshal Red Ryder from Ft. Smith, Arkansas….. the last horse riding U.S. Marshall from Ft. Smith is sent to “rescue” her.  Meanwhile the black family and associates have found a sand bar for a camp….    When white folks approach them and threaten them with hanging they fortify the buckbrush thickened Island into a mini fortress…

the Marshall arrives and has more on his hands than he first thought….. the girl is terrified to go back to where she was….  the black folks fear that regardless the “law mob”  wants to hang them.  A stand off ensues for days…... shots are fired…..

have you ever tried to walk through or across an Arkansas River sand bar…...  I’d recommend staying low….  looking out for snakes….  you can find other game to eat….  from deer, rabbit, duck, even crows if you’re hungry enough…

and the story is true…....    I hope the black folks get away…...

P.S I’m not a writer and hope Dutch may get this email someday and get a good idea on a western…not that he’s short on ideas…. I’m just not a writer…  Dutch, if you get this message… I’m a friend of Joe Madey’s… I miss Joe…..  here in Little Rock….signing off….. Mo

Posted: 08 April 2009 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2008-03-18

I copped a saying my daddy had decades ago that Nike stole from me:

Just do it!