Crowe Family
Posted: 04 July 2007 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2006-08-03

Just finished Escape from Five Shadows and can’t remember what happens to Frank Renda at the end.  Don’t spoil it, I’ll go back and look.  He got his finger twisted in the trigger guard and then I draw a blank.  Another great story though.  Looking forward to reading Forty Lashes Less One next.

Anyway, before that I read Gold Coast and was captivated by another great villian, he of the famous villian family the Crowes.  This time it was Roland Crowe stealing all the scenes.  Trying to remember which Crowe it was that so capably graced the pages of Maximum Bob.  Was it Elvin Crowe?  What relation was he to Roland? 

I can think of two other Crowes as well, both from Maximum Bob, but can’t remember their names.  One was this kid who gets in trouble at the beginning, and the other an old man (Elvin’s dad perhaps?) in a couple of scenes.  Then there may have been mention of yet another Crowe, now deceased (Roland?) or still in jail.  Can’t remember. 

And I recall there being Crowes in The Moonshine War.  No?  Haven’t read that one yet.

Posted: 04 July 2007 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2005-10-08

I don’t think there are any Crowe’s in THE MOONSHINE WAR.

RIDING THE RAP and PRONTO have Crowes.  FIRE IN THE HOLE, also.

My favorite Crowe family member is Elvin Crowe. 

By Robb on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 09:30 pm:

Cal Maguire from Gold Coast is in Maximum Bob, well maybe. The not so bright Elvin Crowe talks to his probation officer, Kathy Diaz Baker, about going after the guy that he felt was responsible for his brother Roland’s death (Gold Coast).

“I’m watching him. . . I spot him going in the men’s room. . . Soon as the door starts to open I’m squeezing the trigger. . .”

“Someone you never saw before . . .

“. . .the dink. . . giving me the slip . . . I pled to second-degree. . .”

“I’m not sure why you told me.”

“I want you to see I’m not some ordinary two-bit fuckup you got on your list.”

The last line is why we read Mr. Leonard.

Posted: 06 July 2007 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-02-08

first Crowe that comes to mind is Novis from Cuba Libre.