Bin Laden/James Russell
Posted: 01 May 2011 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2007-07-11

In Djibouti, Elmore displayed his utter disdain for al Qaida and American-bred al Qaida knucklehead James Russell/Jaima Raisul.
I wonder what he or Gregg thinks about any martyr effect we might see from the death of bin Laden.
I think it could go either way:
Maybe this gives a boost to al Qaida recruitment because the poor, zealous, desperate, ruthless, impotent, easily led, in search of a way, a feeling of power, any meaning at all, we always have with us. They might even believe they get the virgins in paradise if they kick during jihad.
However, it could be that the fear factor dampens any uptick in recruitment because Obama’s message is: We will hunt you down and kill you if you become an al Qaida motherf—ker who murders babies and old ladies; and if you think we won’t, remember we pursued relentlessly your No. 1 aszhole, even if it took us 9 and half years to put a bullet in his addled brain. And it will take us a lot less time to find you.
We’ll have to see how it plays out. I think they may fear Navy Seals kicking down the door with automatic weapons blazing. And a lot of them have probably figured out they’d probably have as much luck gettin virgins in the hereafter as they’ve had in the here.

Posted: 02 May 2011 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

Knucklehead is right.  Who has 18 foot walls and no Internet?

Posted: 02 May 2011 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-11

Right, Gregg.
I wonder who the local Pakistani authorities thought was in their neighborhood in that fort—Mr. Rogers?
When Obama was running for pres and said he would go anywhere, across any border to get bin Laden, I thought: Finally, someone who makes sense, and isn’t cowering from these countries that refuse to get or help get bin Laden. And Barack made good on the promise. And he would have kicked those Pakistani officials’ rears up around their ears a long time ago but for one thing: They have the bomb.
That’s what I call a messy neighborhood.

Posted: 02 May 2011 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2008-03-18

One news organization quoted The One’s decision a gutsy move. I call it desperate with His lowest approval ratings halfway through his last term in office. An “honorable” burial for that piece of poo killer will limit whatever bounce of “unity” he hoped to get him reelected.

Gutsy? That would have been bombing the place to dust, along with the Pakistani Military complex next door. Those a-holes take $2 billion in annual aid and hide our most wanted killer?

What’s gutsy, the yahoos that flew across hostile territory to punch the coward’s ticket knowing if captured they’d have been tortured worse than any waterboarding bullshit the rest of their short lives, probably ended by a public beheading.

But hurrah that mo-fo is dead and finding out there ain’t no virgins in Hell!

Hurrah!

Posted: 03 May 2011 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-11

Don’t mean to be rude to you, Smitty, but a couple things you said really were preposterous.
You think Obama timed this killing as a part of his political campaign? Hardly. Seems they were lucky to get bin Laden anytime, and went when timing was right. If there is a quesiton about killing bin Laden, it is why did the U.S. forces under Bush back off years ago in Tora Bora when they had him cornered?
If you call burial at sea honorable, where the sharks and such get a nice snack, I’m not so sure. They did it that way so there wouldn’t be a martyr burial site for pilgrimages, and they let him have Muslim burial rites because any death gets some respect, though plenty of Muslims disowned bin Laden because he perverted Islam.
What made Obama’s call gutsy is that he had no eyes on bin Laden before the attack, so it was a calculated risk that he was there based on everything else they knew. If he hadn’t been there, the political fallout would have been way negative for Obama, and he knew it, to your point about this being a political call.
And the reason they wanted a surgical land action is to keep from killing nearby innocent locals, though you seem to think nothing of that kind of collateral damage in calling for bombing the place to dust.
The reason we went in without telling Pakis is that we wanted it done, period, sovereignty be damned, as Obama promised he would do in October 2008 when he was running for president. Promise fulfilled.
Dealing with the Pakis has been hard and will continue to be so, but they do have the bomb so we have to be careful.
If you are avoiding the SEALS, my advice is don’t hide in a million-dollar fort. Someone might see it. Kind of like Elmore’s crime characters. In the end all of them do stupid things to get themselves caught or killed. Bin Laden just another knucklehead cirminal and good riddance.
I suspect our politics are way different, Smitty, which is fine. America is a big tent.

Posted: 03 May 2011 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20

yep

Posted: 03 May 2011 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2008-03-18

I suspect our politics are way different, Smitty, which is fine. America is a big tent.

You think? All I’ll say, rude or not, just look at The One’s speech, all the me-mes and I-Is. Not going to argue whether the guy before him was hesitant going into Pakistan, ‘cause plenty of incursions across the border before ‘09 That’s the problem with this, politicizing.

The man is dead, like I said, and hurrah for that! You pretty much nailed it.

Kind of like Elmore’s crime characters. In the end all of them do stupid things to get themselves caught or killed. Bin Laden just another knucklehead cirminal and good riddance.

You gotta’ know the turd blossom was thinking, “Oh, shit.”

Posted: 04 May 2011 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-11

Now, now, mk. You can’t get away with comparing apples to oranges that easily. Like Lawrence O’Donnell says, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but aren’t entitled to their own “facts.”
Fact is when Bush crossed the border, he had Afghans and Pakis with him, and they all knew what he was doing. Which may be why bin Laden got away since those groups are like a sieve. And Bush decidedly did not get bin Laden.
Obama’s incursion was like Entebbe. We did it, no one else knew, no one else had to know, Obama said he’d do it before elected, go anywhere, and he did. So our 4 copters went 160 miles from Afghan to Abbotabad, took care of business and got out of Dodge.
I had to laugh today when former paki president Parvez Musharraf was saying to Andrea Mitchell who said the US appeared to have gone alone because we dont trust the Pakis enough to keep from protecting bin Laden, and Musharraf said it was unfortunate the US didnt trust the Pakis and we need trust because we are allies. These guys are so predictable. He knows they use us, we use them and our relationship is only because paki is such a big player in the region and has the bomb. Pakis are in bed with whatever militant group they need at the moment and it will probably stay that way.
And it is ok for the commander in chief to say I ordered this. Since he did. OK, it already had political impact—he got an 11 percentage point bump already in popularity. But he earned it, while Bush screwed up Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, the debt, the search for bin Laden and just about everything else he got his country club hands on—at least he took care of his rich friends instead of just himself.
Bin Laden’s last toughts probably were: What took you so long? He had to know this was coming sooner or later. I hope the SEAL who iced him gets the $25 million on his head. No word on that yet.