Elmore Leonard Month at My Year In Crime
Posted: 04 October 2010 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-10-01

Hello,

My name is Dan, and I hate for my first post to be an act of shameless self promotion, but I write a daily crime blog .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and this month I am exclusively dealing with all things Elmore Leonard.  In my search to learn more and more about this man’s books I came across this forum, and after reading many of the posts I know that I’m going to like it here.  So many interesting topics!  If any of you have interest in my site, I would welcome the visitors.  Any comments, criticisms, and most importantly, recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks so much, and I hope to chat with many of you.

Signature 

http://www.myyearincrime.blogspot.com

Posted: 05 October 2010 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2006-08-03

Very nice work, Mr. Fleming.
I’ll follow you in October, then we’ll see what happens.

You may find the conversation here a bit sparse, say, perhaps a bit non-existent at times, a tad slow in coming. Ghost town has been proffered on numerous occasion even. Let me just say this: this is one cool forum. At times it heats up, like now, with Mr. Leonard’s 44th novel days from being released, and anytime something is happening in hollywood or on location at a movie or tv shoot. Mr. Sutter keeps the topics fresh and the batteries in his bs detector even fresher. You will always get a bit of an update on everything ELMORE on the main page, and even a good discussion here in the forum now and then. There are very few regulars here, and by all means the more the merrier.
Welcome to the club.
shagen

Posted: 05 October 2010 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-10-01

Thanks for the welcome Scrum, and I hope you like what you see over on MYIC.  You may say conversation can run slow from time to time, but right now there’s a whole lot for me to catch up on.  Some great topics.  I’m a bit of a chatterbox, so I’m sure I’ll have something to say.

BTW, excellent avatar.  Don’t usually expect to see Henry, but when I do I know it’s a place I want to be.

Signature 

http://www.myyearincrime.blogspot.com

Posted: 05 October 2010 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2005-10-08
Dan_Fleming - 05 October 2010 05:14 PM

. . .but right now there’s a whole lot for me to catch up on.  Some great topics.  I’m a bit of a chatterbox, so I’m sure I’ll have something to say.

If you are in need of some great writing, be sure to check out the NON-FICTION thread.

My personal favorites are:

HAIL MARY—more of a short story

McHEARD IS THE WORD—more of a short story

THANK GOD FOR ROBERT JOHNSON—a great essay

QUITTING—alcohol and the legend

IMPRESSIONS ON MURDER—a classic magazine piece

By the way, welcome.

Posted: 08 October 2010 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  132
Joined  2008-03-30

Welcome and lucky you being a EL newbie smile

Nice to have new blood in this forum, its need to keep it more alive.

‹‹ Comfort to the Enemy      Djibouti ››