Peter Leonard’s ‘Quiver’
Posted: 19 October 2008 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2005-09-15

Has anyone read Peter Leonard’s ‘Quiver’? I work in a bookshop in England where it was published last month. I picked it up one lunchtime, but after two pages I could stand it no longer. I’m sorry to say I found it heavy-handed, clichéd and fatty.
Has anyone read it?

Posted: 19 October 2008 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2006-11-12

It gets a lot better.

Posted: 20 October 2008 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-01-09

I sort of agree with the original post. It was a bit cliched and wasn’t nearly as enjoyable as his father’s work. That being said, for a first novel.. it’s a good one. Plus, I can just imagine that he’ll get better with each new book and I am surely going to read them.

Posted: 21 October 2008 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2008-04-04

I actually started a thread about this some time ago, but at that time there was little response.
I bought “Quiver” some time ago, and I have to say, I had some of the same problems. I read several pages and just couldn’t get into it. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that I want a book to grab me in the opening pages.
It still sits on my shelf, unread. I guess I will give it another bash.

Posted: 21 September 2009 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2005-09-15

Any more views on Quiver or Trust Me?

Posted: 22 September 2009 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-03-21

I enjoyed it but it does start “slowly”. “Trust Me” is published this week in the UK. When browsing the shelves I noticed another thriller with the same title which wont help matters.

Posted: 05 September 2011 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-02-08

so i was in the library looking to reread an elmore book.

“Trust Me” was sitting there so i thought i would give it a chance.

love it. was hooked from the minute one of the early characters kept using
the “my friend” reference.

think everyone has met one of those guys.

Posted: 30 November 2011 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-09-11

Peter’s fourth novel since 2008, Voices of the Dead, comes out Jan. 17—the same day as dad’s Raylan. They’ll appear at a hometown library reading two days later in Birmingham, Michigan.

Publisher’s summary of the 320-page paperback:

Detroit, 1971. Harry Levin, scrap metal dealer and holocaust survivor, learns that his daughter has been killed in a car accident. Travelling to Washington DC, he’s told by Detective Taggart that the German diplomat, who was drunk, has been released and afforded immunity; he will never face charges. So Harry is left with only one option - to discover the identity of this man, follow him back to Munich and hunt him down. The first of two books, Peter Leonard’s new novel is a classic cat-and-mouse thriller. Told with swagger, brutal humour and not a little violence, it follows a good man who is forced to return to the horrors of his past.

In addition to Quiver and Trust Me, he also wrote All He Saw Was the Girl (2011).

Image Attachments
51m2wGzcu2L._SS500__.jpg
 Signature 

Alan
Birmingham, MI