Sisco Not In Plain Sight
Posted: 16 July 2008 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2008-03-18

Any word on when/if they might release Karen Sisco, the series, on DVD? Many one-season shows do well, or at least get released. I think I missed the last couple episodes, or two went unaired, maybe. While it sagged a little after two or three episodes, by the end they were back on track.

And Gugino. Wow. She nailed the role much better than that singer dancer chic, Lopez, did, in the movie. An excellent film adaptation, but the series seemed better, able to give more time to the daughter/son relationship.

Posted: 18 July 2008 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2008-04-04

After doing a quick internet search, it seems that the last three episiodes weren’t broadcast when it first aired on ABC. However, when it was re-aired on the USA Network, all episodes were shown.

Can’t find any info about a future release date on either station’s websites though.

Posted: 20 July 2008 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

ABC has both of Elmore’s TV Series, Maximum Bob and Karen Sisco.  So far, there have been no indications that they have any interest in releasing either one on DVD.  ABC unceremonously pulled the plug on Karen Sisco just as the scripts were starting to improve, I personally doubt they’d have a change of heart about it now.

Posted: 21 July 2008 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2006-08-03

Did Bob episodes ever air?  Must’ve missed them.

Posted: 21 July 2008 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

There is a website attached to this forum.  Since I’m being slightly sarcastic I’ll give you the answer:

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/filmandtv/maximum_bob_tv_series/

Do you want fries with that?

Posted: 28 July 2008 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2008-04-04
Gregg Sutter - 21 July 2008 02:52 PM

There is a website attached to this forum.  Since I’m being slightly sarcastic I’ll give you the answer:

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/filmandtv/maximum_bob_tv_series/

Do you want fries with that?

Meooww! Saucer of milk for table no.5! - just kidding.

I can’t blame Scrum myself, as I am guilty of the same thing (as anyone who has seen my recent US News & World Report post, will realise).

However, I found this while hunting down All-things-Elmore. It’s mildly related, so I thought it would belong here.

Elmore Leonard Gives Thumbs Up to ‘Karen Sisco’
22 January 2004 (from http://www.imdb.com)

“Quirky novelist Elmore Leonard, who created the Karen Sisco character in his novel Out of Sight (Jennifer Lopez played her in the film version), has welcomed ABC’s decision to return the show in a more favorable time slot. In an interview with the Chicago Sun-Times, Leonard commented: “I’m optimistic. ... In the right time slot, it should work. If it follows Alias, I think that’s a good possibility.” Last season, ABC pitted the show against Law & Order, which nettled TV critics, who had heaped praise on it, but recommended that it be given a “safer” time period in which to establish itself. Asked whether the series captured Leonard’s distinctive voice, he replied, “It did at times, definitely, and at other times, they’re busy making a TV show and I just watch it.” He was critical of the producers for dressing the Sisco character, a federal marshal played by Carla Gugino, in tank tops, and added: “I thought she was somewhat promiscuous.”