Joined  2008-07-02

Haven’t heard a thing about it lately.

Posted: 02 May 2011 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-30

Freaky-deaky
Hi everybody

I’m translating a movie and they are using this expression. I’ve looked it in many dictionaries and it does not appear an when I google it it appears in so many differente contexts that I don’t get the right meaning.

the conversation goes like this:
I thought she was a freak Pensaba que era un bicho raro.
You know, freaky-deaky?
You ask why’d I continue to see her? ¿Preguntas por qué sigo viéndola?

But I cannot get the meaning of freaky-deaky-

I would really appreciate if you can help me.

Daniela

Signature 

izrada internet stranica

Posted: 16 May 2011 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-07-19

I’m not sure either what they mean by freaky deaky. I wish they came up with a better name for the book then that though.
Has anyone heard if Snyder is going to give the 3 million dollar tax break to the movie so it can be made here and not in California? The cast has been set but now John Travolta wants a roll at the last minute. He has stared in other Leonard movies such as get shorty.

Posted: 16 May 2011 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2008-11-20

There’s nothing wrong with the title at all. I can’t wait to see it on a marquee in the hopefully not too distant future.

Just like with choosing Djibouti as a title, I’m sure Elmore liked the sound of it.

It can be a reference to deviant sexual activities, or just a flat out weird dude.

For more:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=freaky deaky

Posted: 02 June 2011 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2005-03-17

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/weblog/more/matt_dillon_brendan_fraser_craig_robinson_line_up_for_freaky_deaky/

good casting!  love william h macy in almost anything, though not what i expected here (not always a bad thing) .... zach galifianakis would make a great woody

Posted: 03 June 2011 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-04-18

Ihave to agree with Juicy, the cast sounds great.  I never would have thought of Matt Dillon for Chris Mankowski, but that is what casting agents get paid for.  I wonder who will be playing Robin Abbott, Susan Sarandon perhaps?  I look forward to seeing this particular novel of Dutch’s get a film treatment.  I just hope the film makers do right by him.

Posted: 03 June 2011 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18

I thought Sienna Miller was cast for the part of Greta, not the Robin Abbott role, then I remembered that the movie will take place in the 1980s.
In that case, casting her as the revenge for profit ex-radical hippie chick (try saying that quickly three times) makes sense, but who will play Greta, Chris’ love interest?

Posted: 03 June 2011 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-03-17

wow.  susan sarandon would have been a terrific choice. but i think only if they made this movie 15 years ago…. especially given the fact they’ve apparently moved the timeline back to take place in 1974.  i think robin can’t be older than 35 and that’s might be pushing it. 
might sound crazy but i bet isla fisher could do the trick in an unexpected fatale role.  jennifer connelly , maybe, but was robin a redhead?  in my mind i see that with curls.  sorry been a few years since i re-read FD.

Posted: 04 June 2011 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18

When wrote the post concerning Susan Sarandon, I forgot the movie would take place in the 1970s (?).  The Robin character, as I recall, was very calculating and wore her hair in a braid placed over one shoulder; she would finger it while conversing or in thought.  Isla Fisher would have been an interesting choice. I do not think I’ve seen her in a villain role.  As for the character’s hair, as Bo Catlet said in GET SHORTY, “The part needs color, man…”

Posted: 15 June 2011 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20

freaky deaky dance
sexual inuendo

Posted: 12 July 2011 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-20

What the hell is going on with this movie? Can’t they keep a cast together?

I didn’t think Brendan Fraser was a good fit for Skip anyway. Not sure about Christian Slater either. I like Michael Jai White, but I prefer Craig Robinson in that role.

And Matt Dillon as Chris would’ve worked.

Posted: 15 July 2011 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-04

Your internet site is probably definitely the best . All round impact of the site is simply impressive .

Signature 

urdu poetry
urdu dictionary
shayari
english poems
quotes
name meaning online
name meanings
sms
Love tips

Posted: 16 July 2011 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-03-17

I was really excited about casting , despite a few reservations.  unfortunately, this is now starting to look like pedigree of a straight-to-netflix cast.  who are these people?  even the biggest name, slater, who has done some good work over his career, is famous for grabbing the cash to “headline” on some terrible films.
Nothing wrong with a cast of lesser-knowns, but when you start scraping the CSI barrel for primary characters ( and gossip girl!) .....
sorry, i’ve still got my fingers crossed…..

Posted: 16 July 2011 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-18

I am hopeful that FREAKY DEAKY will exceed the expectations of Elmore’s fans.  That said, I do not know enough about the making of a film that the turnover of the actors would be a concern. However, Juicy made a good point when wrote about the status of the actors involved; they are not A list.  This sounds more and more like a USA original movie.  I do not understand why Hollywood doesn’t go about making the films based on Elmore’s fiction properly. Just the dialog from his novels should have actors salivating. All Hollywood seems to make now are noisy tentpole movies with the most generic of plots, then they wonder why attendence is down.

Posted: 18 July 2011 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-20

I wonder what sent this once-formidable cast running for the hills. It’s a damn shame.

Posted: 19 July 2011 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2008-03-18

Like watching a car wreck, you want to look away, but somehow, you just can’t.

I had a front wheel of a dirt biking I was jumping over a hump come off = it was like slo-mo, the wheel going one way, to the side, while the rest of my bike passed it by, brake cable pulling it along. I leaned right as the bike hit the ground. Not so slo-mo as my body bounced about twenty yards. I lay there, trying to sense broken bones until my buds came looking for me ten minutes later after finally realizing I was not longer behind them.

The updates on Freaky feel a lot like watching that front wheel.

Sigh…

If it gets made, straight to video.

1 2 > 
1 of 2