Comfort to the Enemy
Posted: 01 October 2010 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-09-30

I thought Comfort to the Enemy was coming out 9/28/2010 but it is still not available at the bookstore or via online sellers.  I am confused?  Did the release date get pushed back?

Posted: 01 October 2010 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2006-08-03

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon couple a months ago.  Arrived two days ago.

Posted: 06 October 2010 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-01

I was lucky enough to win a copy in a giveaway.  I hope to be receiving mine in the next few days.

Signature 

Besides being lovable and omnipotent, I also write ...  “Follow The Money,”  Available NOW!  -  http://money.rosscavins.com

“Ross Cavins’ debut novel Follow the Money is an unconventional tale ... Follow the Money reads like an Elmore Leonard novel set in NASCAR country ... I enthusiastically recommend it to fans of Elmore Leonard, Cops and peopleofwalmart.com.” 
  —Justin Gaines, Amazon Top 100 Reviewer and Vine Voice

Posted: 06 October 2010 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-09-30

I don’t like to pre-order because sometimes it is faster to get it from the store.  My experience was that the pre-order was filled on release date so you wait for shipping while it sits on the shelf in your favorite store.  But in this case it was never sent to the store, I ordered it from the store on the 29th and although it said it ships in 24 hours, it never shipped. I cancelled that order 10/4.  Reordered it from another online book seller and was just confirmed today (10/6) it was shipped.  No big deal except, EL is my favorite writer and Carl Webster is my favorite of his characters. 

Anyway, for DJIBOUTI I’m just going to pre-order it from my “small box” book retailer where I should patronize anyway.

Shout out to:
Steve’s Sundries
Tulsa, OK

Posted: 19 November 2011 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  132
Joined  2008-03-30

I just read Comfort the Enemy collection for the title story of course.  Glad to sere there was a third Carl Webster story. 

I was wondering what you guys thought about the collection ?` The first two stories was of course re-reads after having read Hot Kid first.