Killshot - The Disappeared Movie
Posted: 05 July 2008 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2005-01-10

You will note that we have been very quiet for a long time about Killshot and its fate.  That’s because we didn’t want to have our statements work against our only goal: the release of the movie.  Now however it’s been too long, nearly three years!  Everybody is asking the same question:  Where’s the movie?  Some people think they might have blinked and missed it.  To them we say, you didn’t miss it, it never came out.  Why?

We have to speak up, and ask the man who owns or controls it, Harvey Weinstein, to please release Killshot.  With all due respect.  Give it a theatrical release.  It is a very worthy movie. It has an audience.  Everybody who has seen it, including Elmore and I, believes strongly in the movie. 

You will be hearing more about this disappeared movie in the days to come.

Posted: 05 July 2008 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2005-09-15

If Elmore says he likes it it must be good. If he dislikes an adaptation he doesn’t hold back!
I can’t wait to see Rosario Dawson slumming it as Donna.

Posted: 05 July 2008 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-04-18

What the hell?  It would be great to see KILLSHOT.  A movie not based on an old T.V. series, video game, foriegn or classic film?  Imagine that.

Posted: 06 July 2008 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2006-09-20

3 years
wow
we must be having fun
the studio in toronto where killshot was shot
now a construction site for lakeside condo

Posted: 07 July 2008 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2008-03-18

I’ve seen the paperback version was released in the stores recently, covered with Diane Lane holding a shotgun, it looks like. My guess is that they’ll drop it in limited run and then DVD-it close to that. It’s a crowded movie summer. Weinstein and Co. have recently undergone a big change, breaking from Disney, Harvey and Bro. with a new company. My guess is they just don’t have the money to do the prints and press. Diane Lane’s “Untraceable” did untraceable business, probably HW is looking at that, along with Thomas Jane’s weak-performing “The Mist” and “Punisher” and the whatever-happened-to status of Mickey Rourke (not his plastic face, but his “who is this guy again?” persona), thinking is it worth it.

I know. You say, “Well, “Untraceable” did $65 mil total gross, foreign and domestic and dvd, what’s bad about that, Handsome?” And it is a very very good film for what it is. Really nice suspense, acting, directing, writing. Seen it a half dozen times already. That’s good.

- but to guys like HW….

But we all know how hard it is to market Mr. L on film as it is. “Get Shorty” had the advantage of good, well-known actors (Rene Russo had a hot string going at that time, too, don’t count her presence short). And they got it right, too; that didn’t hurt.

At the time of putting this together it was probably expected there’d be a wave of interest in Jane and Lane and Johnny Jackass (apparently completely gone from the film?), but it ain’t happened.

As I’m sure Mr. L has said more than once, “That’s Hollywood.”

PS: Did a search, nothing definite on the film anywhere. Found one trailer still up here, http://www.alltrailers.net/killshot.html, but others have been removed. Not even a poster at comingsoon.net. Rated R, too. Kind of thing like that gets you released in August, late, or September after the kids are gone from the theaters and back in school.

Not looking good.

Posted: 08 July 2008 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-18

One more thing.

Note the “money woes” in this article.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/quentin-tarantino-unveils-inglorious-bastards/

And Tarantino is the exec-prod on Killshot.

Ugh. Not looking good, even for dvd…?

Posted: 15 July 2008 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2005-10-08

Showtime signs movie deal with Weinstein Co

KILLSHOT on cable in 2009?  Who knows?

Posted: 15 July 2008 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

That’s a dead link, Robb.  What else do you have?  I think it’s an old story from 2006.

Posted: 15 July 2008 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-18

It’s new news.

Go here for a good gist.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080714i.php

There was an article deadlinehollywooddaily.com but it’s no longer listed.

No mention of Killshot; but it makes sense to premiere it on Showtime before going to DVD, that’s IF they don’t plan a theatrical. There may be no affect on the film because it may not be covered in the deal.

Posted: 15 July 2008 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-10

My mistake.  The original Showtime story goes back to 2006.  I’ve been trying to get this story for months.  This could be it, or not.

Posted: 15 July 2008 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2005-10-08

Showtime signs movie deal with Weinstein Co By Gregg Goldstein and Kimberly Nordyke
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:57 AM ET

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - The Weinstein Co. has signed an exclusive, seven-year deal to funnel its movies to premium cable channel Showtime, the companies said Monday.

The pact, which begins in 2009, will cover 95 films, including such titles as Quentin Tarantino’s recently announced World War Two movie “Inglorious Bastards” and “Chicago” director Rob Marshall’s adaptation of the Broadway musical “Nine.”

CBS Corp-owned Showtime, which is enjoying success with such original series as ‘Weeds,’ ‘Californication’ and ‘Dexter,’ previously had an “output” deal with MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate. But those three studios joined forces three months ago to create a rival pay TV channel—partially as a result of the more tight-fisted terms that Showtime was trying to exact from them.

Since then, Showtime has been scurrying for new movie suppliers, which inevitably have to be mostly indies because the other Hollywood majors are tied up in multiyear deals with rival pay TV outlets HBO and Starz.

Along came the Weinstein Co., which has not had much luck at the box office since principals Bob and Harvey Weinstein launched the company almost three years ago after severing their ties with Miramax.

Although the brothers are moving ahead with such high-profile titles as “Nine” and “Inglorious Bastards,” they has been seeking partners for production financing just as they has been sharing the costs of key film acquisitions.

The parties declined to disclose financial terms.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

‹‹ Swag      Dutch Forum Authors ››